Will be expanded as needed
- Build a company level command with three lances of 4 'Mechs each. 12 'Mechs
total is the maximum and minimum number of 'Mechs. The three lances will total
no more than 700 tons
- Command Lance can have no more than 300 tons maximum
- Attack/Heavy/Fire Lance can have no more than 300 tons maximum
- Recon/Light Lance can have no more than 200 tons maximum
- Use only 'Mechs from the 3025 Technical Read-Out and the printed variants
- You may spend less than the 700 tons allotted to you, but you may not
spend over this. Why you would spend less, I have no idea.
- Each Company will start with four Gunnery modifiers of -1, to be assigned
to any 'Mechs within the Company. This can be a combination of four -1's, two
-2's, or a single -4. Other combinations are possible to the extent of a total
of -4 for Gunnery. All other 'MechWarriors are average with a Gunnery Skill of
- Each Company will start out with four Piloting skill modifiers of -1, to be
assigned to any 'Mechs within the Company. This assigning is identical to the
procedure followed under the Gunnery modifiers above. All other 'MechWarriors
are average pilots with a Piloting Skill of 5. See the Example Company for any clarifications.
- There are restrictions as to how many of what types of 'Mechs are allowed.
- Only One from each type of Assault 'Mech may be used in a Company. That is
to say, only one Awesome per Company.
- No more than two of each type of Heavy 'Mech can be used in a Company.
E.G., no more than two Archers per Company.
- No more than two of any single type of LAM may be used in a Company. I.e.,
no more than 2 Phoenix Hawk LAMs and 2 Stinger LAMs, etc.
- In order to enhance the Gunnery and Piloting Skills of your 'MechWarriors,
they need to accumulate 'kill points'. Four cumulative kill points net the
'MechWarrior a -1 modifier to either Gunnery or Piloting. Kill points are
awarded as follows:
- 1/2 point per Light 'Mech destroyed
- 3/4 point per Medium 'Mech destroyed
- 1 point per Heavy 'Mech destroyed
- 1-1/2 points per Assault 'Mech destroyed
- +1/2 point if the 'Mech is a LAM
- +1/2 point to destruction point if 'Mech is captured ('battle honors')
- +1/2 point to destruction point for any Company Commander killed or
captured, or has his 'Mech destroyed
- plus points awarded for accomplishing scenario objectives (eg, +1 point to
each 'Mech successfully defending a supply depot). Typically scenario
objectives range from 1/4 point to 1 point. Rarely do they range upwards of 2
- Kill points go to the 'Mechs that fired at and hit the enemy 'Mech on the
turn it was destroyed. Points are divided up if more than one 'Mech was
responsible for the destruction. If points awarded are less than 1/4, then no
points are awarded. I.e., if three 'Mechs blast the crap out of some poor
Stinger, no points would be awarded as the awards would be less than 1/4
- Kill points are split immediately. Killed or captured 'MechWarriors are
replaced by average academy graduates with Gunnery of 4 and Piloting of 5.
Captured pilots may be returned to their original Company after their Company
has played out one game without them. Captured pilots retain their accumulated
kill points up to the start of the game they were captured in. They lose all
points acquired during the game in which they were captured.
- Forcing a 'Mech to 'pop it's hood' (hatch, whatever) means that pilot is
considered captured. A pilot 'punching out' is not considered captured, but
loses all points accumulated in the current game. And is now on foot, and can
still be captured/killed by enemy 'Mechs.
- Except for the initial allocation of points, the difference between the
Gunnery Skill and the Piloting Skill may not exceed '3' levels. Example: a
"mechWarrior with a Gunnery of 2 and a Piloting of 5 may not receive another
Gunnery bonus until the Piloting Skill level is 4. This applies in reverse, too
(Piloting of 1, Gunnery of 4, Piloting may not drop to 0 until Gunnery is 3).
- All 'Mechs are repaired and replaced 100% after combat.
- A 'MechWarrior in a destroyed 'Mech who survives the combat can gain no
kill points or objective points (essentially the same as kill points). I.e.,
a 'MechWarrior who destroyed four enemy 'Mechs and is then has his 'Mech
taken out from under him will gain zero kill points. Only surviving
'MechWarriors gain kill points and/or objective points. A tally should be kept
on the 'MechWarriors for all to see.
- Standard BattleTech rules outlined and described in the BattleTech Manual
plus all optional rules will apply. Plus the following:
- Piloting Skill rolls for running/landing in Light Woods, as Rubble, for
each hex entered.
- Piloting Skill rolls for running/landing in Heavy Woods, as for entering
Depth 3 water, for each hex entered.
- Only 'Mechs which have for-real arms may punch. Units such as the
Jenner, Catapult, and Stalker have no arms. Units with
four legs (eg, Goliath and Scorpion) may use two legs to kick.
- Only 'Mechs with two hands may use a club (with the notable exception
being the Hatchetman)
- CityTech and AeroTech rules are used only by specific scenario.
- Only certain units have the ability to fire arm-mounted weapons to the
rear. Of the 'Mechs available, the Quickdraw and the Rifleman may
opt to fire their arm-mounted weapons into their rear arcs.
- Only one 'Mech has the ability to fire it's primary weapon in a 360-degree
fire arc: the Goliath. However, the Goliath must add to its Right
Torso criticals the entry "Turret Jams". If this critical spot is
rolled for, the turret weapon is then restricted to a 120-degree arc in the
current direction it is facing for the remainder of the game.
- New rules will be added as the situation/need arises.
'Mech Type Tonnage Gunnery Piloting
Atlas* 100 4 5
Awesome 80 3(-1) 5
Archer 70 3(-1) 5
Trebuchet 50 4 5
Archer 70 4 5
Marauder 75 2(-2) 4(-1)
Warhammer 70 4 5
Crusader 65 4 4(-1)
Light (Recon) Lance
Phoenix Hawk 45 4 4(-1)
Jenner 35 4 4(-1)
Wasp 20 4 5
Stinger 20 4 5
* - Company Commander
The original rules are from an unknown gamer in Ohio back in the mid-80s, with
expansions, modifications and enhancements made by myself
Return to my Battletech page